Your business social media efforts need to provide a Return On Investment. If you are putting your time and effort into creating social media posts, or you are paying someone to do it, you need to see results. But are there specific post types that work better for your business in Halifax, Dartmouth, Truro or elsewhere?
Videos and pictures get shared well on social media. They have the ability to go viral very easily if people like them. The secret here is to experiment and see what people like. Test and evaluate your efforts.
Make sure you have a good mix of video and pictures in your social media accounts. Do not just use one type. People like to see different things. After all, why do people use social media? They go to their social media to get a laugh or be entertained. Pictures and videos do a great job at this.
Here’s some points to consider:
- Accounts that share videos and photos can have higher levels of engagement with those around them.
- People like to share photos and videos especially to make their friends laugh or provide great information to them
- Check William Shatner’s and George Takei’s Facebook Pages out to see proof. George is doing a better job with pictures and videos than Bill. But I believe that Bill is catching on to George’s tricks.
- Your message could end up some where great simply because someone shared the photo that came along with the text. It’s funny how things work out in life.
- Photos and videos can tell the story of your business.
If you want a higher level of engagement with others, you need to consider using video and photos more in your social media. Although great text can encourage and inspire, it is not shared as much as pictures or video posts. If you have something great to say in text, make sure you combine it with a great picture. That picture might help you get a foot in the door for your business that you might not have imagined.
So here’s to a great day in business for you. Remember that it is the simple things done over and over that add up to great results.